INR Meter – Face to Face Training:
Once we have obtained a valid prescription from your physician and verified your insurance we will obtain a final authorization from you to ship your meter, supplies, and training paperwork out to your certified CoaguChek XS system trainer. Your trainer will then contact you to schedule the best day and time to come out to your home and teach you how to use your new INR meter.
Training generally takes about 45minutes to an hour depending on your experience with the meter.
During the training you can expect to cover the following topics:
1. Introduction to Home INR testing
2. Introduction to your CoaguChek XS meter
3. Introduction to your CoaguChek Test Strips
4. Introduction to your SurgiLance 21 Gauge single use safety lancets
5. Explanation on How to Prep the meter for a Test
6. Explanation on How Perform a Test
7. Explanation on How to properly Apply Blood to the Test Strip using the correct technique
8. You or your caregiver will perform an INR test from Start to Finish on your own.
9. You or your caregiver will report your test result to ACS via phone IVR or online web portal.
10. You will take a 15 question knowledge quiz with your trainer following the training.
Sign a few training confirmation documents and you are on your way to self-testing freedom!
Note – Trainers do not have information about your insurance coverage for home testing. An ACS customer care representative should have discussed your insurance coverage with you prior to shipping the meter and supplies out. If you have any questions about your insurance coverage and/or patient responsibility please contact Advanced Cardio Services directly. Also, never make a payment of any sort to a trainer, all payments should be made directly to Advanced Cardio Services.
ACS services all 50 states and has over 900 certified nurse trainers all throughout the country so we can get you set up with home INR testing wherever you may be.
See our trainer map to see if there is a trainer near you. If you do not see one close to you don’t worry, we’re always adding new trainers to our network and will get a trainer set up for you in no time!